EUR-Lex is the official database for accessing EU law. Free to use, it is available in 24 languages and includes treaties, legislation, international agreements, preparatory acts, case law and parliamentary questions. It gives direct access to the Official Journal of the European Union.
An e-learning module is available to help you use and get the most out of EUR-Lex.
The module, which takes two hours to complete, can be done as a whole or you can select only the sections that are relevant to you. The module looks at:
- finding EU law through ‘Quick search’, ‘Advanced search’ and ‘Find results by’ search options on the EUR-Lex homepage
- discovering ways to edit and refine your searches
- accessing documents in multiple languages, and finding legal information about documents and legislative procedures
- accessing the Official Journal, preparatory acts and EU case-law
- understanding EUR-Lex’s content and structure, including how to form CELEX numbers
- browsing EU law through the directories of legislation and EuroVoc
- pointing out the advantages of being a EUR-Lex registered user.
Still having difficulty with EUR-Lex come and see us in the Taylor Library.